Sunday, June 8, 2008

So... the Jesus Film last night. There was a tremendous crowd. Unbelievable! I was amazed to see so many show up. They had to walk home down small rocky dirt paths in total darkness! After the film they asked that if anyone wanted to believe in Jesus to meet on the other side of the field. A mob went over there. But as you can imagine, like in America, only God knows the heart. Any way it was very dark and we had flashlights. Their were some drunks and some bad people there as well. Bryan got hit in the back a few times (not too bad, don't worry!). It got a bit scary so Bryan and I went back to car and eventually Bryan, Melissa and I locked ourselves in the car. They are just very curious about mzungos and wanted to shake our hands, but there were so many when Bryan shook someones hand he got pulled into the mob and I had to yell and get him back. They wanted me to give them my torch (flashlight). Everything is fine. It really wasn't bad, we were counting the event as a little persecution- it was sooo worth it! We believe there will be much fruit because of our time here. We have talked to thousands of people. Thousands have seen the Jesus Film. We have planted the seeds. God will make it grow. The Adairs have promised to let us know what fruit comes from our time here. It has been a life changing experience we will never forget. Thank you so much for all of your support and prayers. God is real! Our message is life changing!

For those of you reading who haven't trusted Christ as your savior... God is real. I think you know that. You are separated from God because of your sin. Sin is choosing your own way, the bad things you've done and the good things you fail to do. Sin is not glorifying God. God wants you and to have a relationship with him, and has provided a was at great cost to himself. He sent his son, who lived a sinless life. He was nailed to a cross and died. 3 days later he rose from the dead, conquering death and the grave. His death on the cross was the payment for your sin. If you repent of your sin, and believe this message, His death pays the price for your sin. You don't have to get your "life straight" before you turn to him. That's impossible! He takes us just like we are. If that weren't true I wouldn't be a follower of Christ today! He took me, chief of sinners, and He changed my heart! I am still amazed. Even now as I think about it I start to cry. He has given me new desires. I truly became a new person when I believed this message. I have to tell the world, I have to tell you. Nothing else matters. He has become everything to me, and I am so undeserving. What God has done for me, He can do for you. Today is the day.

3 comments:

Tiffy's World said...

Dana and Bryan- So glad to hear of God's protecting hand over ya'll yesterday. It is awesome the seeds God allowed you to plant and others I am sure you helped grow. I am continuing to pray for ya'll and trust that God is going to continue to do amazing things. Hang in there, stay strong, take care of yourselves. I can't wait to hear this amazing journey from ya'll- I can just imagine the excitment in your eys and voice. I hope it lives with ya'll forever. I know Bryan- this will be something you never forget.
Love ya'll, Tiffany

Jim Chinners said...

Wow, must have been awsome to see God at work but I tell you it must have been scary at some points. Well God is good and He is our protector and provider... I am so prasing Him that he was with you both yesterday!!

I am praying for your safety the rest of the trip and that the ministry will be used by God to turn hearts - many hearts towards Him!

See yall soon - I assume that you are leaving MOnday - safe trip!!

Jules said...

Dana and Bryan- It's so humbling to know how Mighty and Awesome the God is we serve! THank you both for being willing servants in taking the gospel to unreached groups! God has allowed you both to experience such amazing things and be important tools in His Garden. Now we just have to be patient and watch the seeds you have planted grow and I have no doubt there will be a harvest one day as a result of your willingness to spread the seeds. I am praying the Lord will continue to watch over you and keep you safe during your travels back home! I look so forward to hearing your stories soon! Love ya'll Jules