Friday, May 30, 2008

We're Here!!! Finally











We made it to Kaputa! The flight was soooo long! The 2 day drive was long, but amazing! I called it a people safari! Thousands of little villages with little huts.

We stopped on the side of the road one time to fix some bags and the people all came out waving, and some grabbed their younger siblings and ran.




I don't think they'd seen many white people before. The power goes out in 15 minutes so I have to go. I can't wait to tell you more.



Ken, Deven, Nathan, and Ayden... We love and miss you. We are having a blast!!! Have fun at grandmas!

6 comments:

Ken Whitton said...

We love you so much! We are glued to the computer waiting to hear from you again! The boys leave in about two hours to grandmas. Ayden is about to take a knap. All is well!

Sharon said...

I'm glad to know you and Brian are safe. Sounds like you're having a lot of fun already! It's so hard to believe you are so far away from us. I've had a lot of fun with Ayden, Deven and Nathan. I've been checking the computer 50 times a day. Waiting to hear from you again soon.

Brandy Elizabeth said...

I miss you so much. But you know I would never ever even want to keep you from the people that need you more than I do. Have fun- this is it! This is real! We all love and miss you both, so stay safe! :D

I'll be praying hard.
LOVE YA!

E-ca[Barbarion] said...

DANA!!!!
I miss you so much!
I know you're having a blast and I know God is going to take care of you. You have influenced me so much and I know you will lead so many more people to Christ.
I can't wait to hear from you again.
Much love,
Erica


P.S:
Do you know I had to create one of these stupid things just to leave you a comment? I don't even know how to work it..
:/ lol

Robbie&Jamie said...

Hey Dana & Brian,
The pictures are awesome. God is soo amazing; I can't believe that you are in Africa. We miss you and love you and can't wait to hear
& see more. We're praying for you daily and hope that your experience
there is as amazing as it seems. Love Jamie!!

tim gay said...

Hey Dana! I'm praying for you, Brian, and the guys back home. Can't wait to hear more.

Love ya!
tim