Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Heading to the airport...

We're about to head out the door. People have been asking us if we're nervous about the trip. We're not at all nervous. Maybe we're naive, I don't know. I am confident God has prepared me for this ahead of time and I am supposed to go. This is my dream! But saying goodbye stinks! AHHHH! Loving so much is hard because you have so much to loose. Ken is my rock, my prince, my all time best friend! He gets me! Deven, Nathan, and Ayden are my heart! Thankfully I will have Bryan with me! All of you in Mobile...Please take care of them. I would NOT be doing this, and Ken wouldn't let me, if we we're confident that this was God's idea! How did the great missionaries do it? They went months and even years with no contact with their families. Some even lost their children and wives on the mission field. Many of them only to say, "I Never Made A Sacrifice." Not that they didn't go with out things they were accustomed to, and that they didn't suffer dysentery and other illnesses, and that their hearts weren't longing for their family, or even that being on the mission field didn't cost them their families lives and their own. No, they did sacrifice. But when compared to what they gained, their sacrifice was nothing! There is a God! If you know His grace and His love you can't stay the same! And you can't be OK that there are people in this world who have never heard the name of Jesus. The name that changed my life. So if this is the most I "sacrifice", a few weeks away from my family, then I am fortunate to be a part of spreading His fame and to know God more for it!

Ken, Deven, Nathan, Ayden, Mom ...I LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

Reesa said...

Thanks for the info. and allowing us to take part in what God is doing in you and Bryan. Praying the Holy Spirit will fully take over in you, that the people will see, hear, and feel Jesus and experience His love.
I can't wait to hear about the life change God is going to do in you and the people of Zambia.
Col. 4:2-6 Reesa

Garrett said...

Hey Lady,
The Hughes' love you guys and are praying for you. Thanks for having the courage to let go for a while. I'll try my best to keep Ken out of trouble...you know how hard that is...Blessings on you and B as you follow Jesus to Africa.
Be God's
Garrett, Mel, and Garner

Ken Whitton said...

Where are you at?? Hurry up and update your post! We miss you! The word mom is spelled never said around here. Ayden ran around the house this morning holding a picture of you looking for his mom. He is so funny!