Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thank You

THANK YOU JESUS! I am amazed at how God had put this whole mission trip together. Thank God for people with a heart for the nations to know Him! We raised more than $6,500 in six weeks, and more keeps coming in. Many people gave, and many gave us work. The boys did landscaping, Bryan cut a lot of grass, and I even worked at Wal-Mart one weekend giving sausage samples (yes, I was wearing a hair net!!). I still can't believe what God has done. When this first came up my #1 fear was the $$$. I realized God could could write a check if He wanted. I also realized that if I knew this was God's will, I needed to go, regardless. I thought this would be a huge sacrifice on my family financially, not to mention the strain on my family with no mom in the house! It was important for us to "count the cost." I was so sure this was God's will I was willing to put it on credit and work it off over several years (not one of my best ideas, I know)!!! Boy am I glad that was not His plan. His ways are better aren't they. We should trust Him more often!By the way, when you see my husband, know that you are looking at the real deal in every way. He was the one who said right away, "Your going. You've talked the talk. Time to walk the walk. God will work it out. Your going!". I am the luckiest woman alive!!!

So to.....

  • My whole community group (you made the decision to go easy!!!):

The Skipworths, The Sessions, The Locklears, The Northcutts, The Theobalds, John and Polly, The Britains

  • Gay and Mike Reynolds
  • The youth group on Bryan's B-day
  • The Fauver's
  • Don and Ruth Guidry
  • Grandma and Grandpa Malone
  • Michael and Jean Duncan
  • Garrett and Melanie Hughes
  • Teressa Rylee
  • Tim and Judy Gay
  • The Halls
  • Josh and Jamie Duncan
  • Jonnie and Robert Brown
  • Richard Rhyne
  • Mom
  • Jan Whitton
  • Martha Ferguson
  • The Millers
  • The Mintons
  • Bill Enterkin
  • The Bates
  • The Hortons
  • Morgan Bowman
  • Robert Whitton
  • The Holifields

Those who are babysitting while I'm away:

  • Grandma Kaye
  • Sharon Lawson
  • Ainsley Northcutt
  • Reesa (& Preston) Skipworth

and to the many others who gave anonymously and who gave us jobs...

THANK YOU! A million times, Thank You! God has taught me so much because of your generosity! My faith has been stretched and I haven't even left.

No comments: